FAQS, Restrictions & Rules
There is absolutely no “in and outs”
There is no outside food or water allowed in the tent.
There are no festival passes – only single day tickets.
Hitman’s Bar will be on site providing food options.
There is no guest list for any tent concerts.
No, The Back Alley VIP Card is NOT valid for any special events or concerts.
There are a limited numbers of tickets at each price level, so when one tier sells out, the price moves up to the next tier. The sooner you buy your tickets, the more you will save.
Yes, bottle service is available to those who purchased VIP tickets. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for our bottle service packages & booth options.
I GOT MY TICKET FROM A “FRIEND” / KIJIJI / MARKETPLACE / SOMEONE I MET. HOW DO I KNOW IF THEY ARE VALID?
There is no way to guarantee third party tickets are legit. The only tickets we guarantee are the tickets purchased from backalleycalgary.com
This is a general admission event with no fixed seating but the surrounding back area of the tent does have picnic tables.
Yes, sunscreen is allowed. NOTE: Aerosols (spray on) sunscreens are permitted but please be mindful and spray it away from other people.
There is very limited parking at the tent site. Parking in the surrounding residential area is strongly discouraged. Take care if parking on private property – they can ticket or tow you at their discretion.
We abide strictly by AGLC (Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission) regulations and cannot make any exceptions. You’ll need a primary piece of government issued ID and with an approved secondary identification. Interim (paper) driver’s license will NOT be accepted as ID.
Acceptable forms of primary ID:
Valid driver’s license OR Valid passport ONLY.
Sorry, there is not. Please prepare for a day outdoors accordingly.
Sure is! Health and safety at our event is our number 1 priority. Medical tents and roaming teams are in place, be sure to note these locations upon entry to the event or ask event staff for help, if needed.
For everyone’s safety, security and enjoyment, we ask you to only bring small clutches, belt bags, fanny-packs or bags that are clear (i.e. see-through) to allow us to safely and efficiently properly screen and welcome fans into the event. All bags and hand-carried items will be subject to search and screened for prohibited items prior to allowing entry to the venue.
All event attendees and items will be subject to search when entering the event grounds. Any and all confiscated items or any items voluntarily surrendered, will not be held, checked or returned.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- Outside liquor
- Illicit drugs and/or illicit drug paraphernalia of any kind
- Edibles containing THC or derivatives unless in factory sealed packaging from licensed supplier
- Portable or lawn chairs of any kind
- Pocket knives of any kind
- Weapons of any kind and/or items that can be used as weapons, including but not limited to large spikes, heavy wallet chains, bats/clubs, etc.
- Glass of any kind
- Hard shell coolers
- Artificial noise makers, including megaphones and air horns
- Musical Instruments and Bluetooth speakers
- Laser pointers of any kind
- Markers, Pens or Spray Paint
- Sports equipment
- Skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, wheeled or motorized items intended to be ridden
- Pyrotechnics of any kind, including fireworks, sparklers, and/or firecrackers
- Animals (service animals allowed)
- Flag poles or poles/long sticks of any kind
- Walking sticks or canes of any kind unless it is a medically required mobility device
- Motorcycle or bike helmets
- Water guns
- Gas masks
- Large signage that would obstruct the view of others around them and/or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the show
- Gang or club clothing and/or gang or club support gear, including but not limited to banners, signages and flags
- Tactical clothing or equipment
- Aerosol cans of any kind
- Professional audio, video or photography equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Selfie Sticks or GoPro apparatus
- Any projectile and/or item that can be used as a projectile
- Any bag larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, with the exception of clear bags up to 12” x 6” x 12”, 1 gallon plastic freezer bags or medically necessary or diaper bags.
- Any other items deemed to be unsafe by venue management
Please read all the information about cannabis and cannabis accessories, and the use therein at the festival.
ENTRY WITH CANNABIS AND/OR CANNABIS ACCESSORIES
All attendees entering the festival grounds are subject to search of their person and property upon entry, as allowable by law. The festival will allow attendees to bring cannabis and cannabis accessories into the festival subject to the following conditions:
- Only personal amount permitted. Quantity shall be no more than can reasonably consumed by one average person during the remaining operating hours of the event that day, subject to any documented medical allowances.
- Cannabis infused foods, oils or candies commonly referred to as “edibles” are permitted as long as they are in factory sealed packaging from licensed supplier. Personal amount only.
- No glass container or glass cannabis accessory will be permitted at any time.
- Prior to the search process commencing, attendees must make the festival security aware that they are bringing cannabis or cannabis accessories into the festival. Attendees are required to present all cannabis and/or cannabis accessories for inspection.
- Any cannabis or cannabis accessories not presented prior to a search commencing may be denied entry into the festival or the person may be denied carriage of the cannabis and/or cannabis accessories into the festival.
- Cannabis that is in a factory sealed tamper proof package from a Provincially Approved and Regulated Supplier will be permitted into the festival. All other cannabis and cannabis accessories are to be stored in a sealed plastic see-through container (e.g. Tupperware or Ziploc bag) which allows festival security to directly inspect the cannabis and cannabis accessories without the need to open the container or handle the product. Cannabis and cannabis accessories that are not stored in the aforementioned will not be permitted into the festival grounds.
- Cannabis that is suspected to have been mixed or adulterated in any way may be denied carriage into the festival.
- Any amount which festival security deems unreasonable for personal use, subject to any documented medical allowances, will not be permitted into the festival.
Cannabis is for personal use only and the unregulated sale of cannabis is strictly prohibited.